Bid adieu to Summer & Welcome Fall at our Final Block Party of 2013
Saturday September 21
Join us for our 3rd & Final Block Party of 2013 in downtown Gloucester. Main Street transforms into a strolling mall featuring al fresco dining; stores open for shopping; Kids’ Town, games and multi-performances at five outdoor stages. Diverse bands, dance troupes and you, the audience, perform! It starts at 6 pm and it’s free!
New for 2013 ~ Win Cool Prizes playing Glosta-opoly (learn more).
Help select the 3rd Block Party Cocktail Winner featuring our own local rye whiskey from Ryan & Wood liquors. Sample selections at participating restaurants and vote for your favorite at the Ryan & Wood table! Make sure you're at least age 21!
Be on Main Street at 6 PM Saturday September 21st for the opening acts. Enjoy a drink or a meal at any of the al fresco restaurants. Run in for a drink, run out for a dance! Our distinctive downtown stores are open for your enjoyment until 11 pm and don't forget to go see the snakes by Toodeloos!
See Street Map for Stage Locations
September 21 Entertainment
Applied Materials (SOVEREIGN STAGE) @ Sovereign Bank Upper Main St.
- 6:00 PM - Bonnie Barrish - Romantic concert piano compositions
- 6:45 PM - Toni Ann Enes - Original folk to rock to diva!
- 7:30 PM - Deb Hardy - Dynamic Rockport singer-songwriter
- 8:30 PM - Larry Carsman - X-tra-ordinary guitar and songs
Gloucester's Hometown Realtors Stage - Main St. by Mark Adrian Shoes
- 6:00 PM - Naoya and Yuri featuring Jamie Song - Japanese pop!
- 6:30 PM - Bill Gleason - Acoustic blues treasure vault
- 7:20 PM - Karen Ristuben Jazz - smooth jazz chanteuse with combo!
- 8:30 PM - Willie Alexander with the Razdans And Doctor Dave Vincent! - Can life be any better on Main Street?
Whitmarsh Lock & Safe Stage (SARGENT STAGE) - Middle Main St. by Sargent House
- 6:00 PM - Play Reading - "The Medium" by Judith Sargent Murray
- 6:45 PM - Cape Ann Dance Company - Back by popular demand- this troupe always dazzles us!
- 7:15 PM - Tony Fonseca - Drumming
- 8:30 PM - Livin' on Luck - Classic rock and choice gems to dance to!!
Bank Gloucester Stage (MYSTERY TRAIN STAGE) - Lower Main Street in front of Mystery Train Records and the CA Cinema
- 6:00 PM - The Docksiders - Gloucester High School's terrific Big Band
- 6:45 PM - Joe Thomas - Giuseppe's piano song monster takes requests
- 7:30 PM - Marina Evans - Back from tour with a new CD!
- 8:15 PM - Alexandra Valenti - young voice big talent, one to watch
- 9:05 PM - Johnny and the Firecrackers - Rock 'n' roll , punk, new wave and soul
*All times approximate
AT THE DOG BAR
- Mo Bounce @ 7:30PM - Funk & R&B
- Joe Thomas - outdoor sing-alongs during the breaks!
VISIT KIDS' TOWN FOR GAMES, FACEPAINTING, KID SNACKS,
VERNAL POND TEAM WITH THEIR SNAKES AND MORE!
If you have questions you can contact the following people by email:
Organization, Publicity: Valerie Marcley
Artistic Director (Talent): Will Hunt
Restaurant Liaison: Mark McDonough
Merchant Liaison: Lucinda Seigel
Sponsor Information: Judith Brackley
Sponsor Rep: Kirstin Elaine Myers
The Downtown Gloucester Block Party Series is a project of the non-profit Cape Ann Business Incubator.